Humphries Kirk has six offices spread throughout Dorset and one in Somerset, and has raised a total of £1,557 for its nominated charities during 2017.
Each Humphries Kirk office has a nominated charity and raises funds through monthly ‘Dress Down Days’ for its staff. Last year, Humphries Kirk raised:
· Bournemouth office raised £370 for Dorset Search & Rescue (DorSAR)
· Poole office raised £115 for Weldmar Hospice
· Parkstone office raised £96 for Stroke Association
· Dorchester office raised £127 for The Friendship Club
· Swanage office raised £229 for Admiral Dementia
· Wareham office raised £353 spread evenly between Lexi May Trust, Dorset Cancer Care, Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance, Alzheimer’s Research UK
· Crewkerne office raised £167 for Children with Cancer
· The firm’s bi-monthly breakfast networking events raised £100 for Dorchester Stroke Club
Katharine Jones, partner at Humphries Kirk, commented: “We’re delighted to have raised more than £1,550 for our nominated charities. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank staff for getting involved with our designated ‘Dress Down Days’ and being such good sports!”
Tom Bryant, PR officer at Dorset Search and Rescue, commented: “DorSAR is extremely grateful for the support and money raised by the Bournemouth office of Humphries Kirk during 2017. The money will be well used in kitting out new members so that they can be safe and warm on searches.”
Mark Hooley, head of communications at Children with Cancer, commented: “We’d like to thank Humphries Kirk for their great fundraising efforts. Every day in the UK more than ten children are diagnosed with cancer. It’s only thanks to the fundraising of Humphries Kirk and our other supports that we are able to invest money in vital specialist research to help save the lives of children with cancer and keep their family together.”
In addition to the funds raised through the firm’s ‘Dress Down Days,’ a cheque for £100 was presented to Dorchester Stroke Club in December. This was collected from 50p per £10 ticket to attend the firm’s bi-monthly breakfast networking events in Poundbury. Dorchester Stroke Club is a social club for people who have suffered a stroke or other neurological disorders in and around Dorchester and Weymouth.
Humphries Kirk will continue its fundraising efforts for another year by nominating seven new charities for its individual offices, yet to be revealed.
Humphries Kirk provides legal expertise to private and commercial clients, with offices in Crewkerne, Bournemouth, Parkstone, Poole, Swanage, Wareham, Dorchester and London. Visit www.hklaw.eu for further information.