Based in the heart of Weymouth at the town council offices at Commercial Road, the new organisation is responsible for maintaining:
- Weymouth’s stunning beach and esplanade
- Beautiful greenspaces, such as Greenhill, Nothe and Radipole Gardens
- Historical monuments like the Jubilee Clock and King George III’s bathing machine
- Valued facilities, such as the town’s public toilets, cemeteries and allotments
The new town council is also responsible for regular community development work and civic activities across Weymouth. Find more information about Weymouth Town Council.
Weymouth Town Clerk, Jane Biscombe said:
“It’s official! Weymouth Town Council is up and running and 100 per cent focussed on serving our town and the people who live, work and visit here.
“Weymouth is a beautiful and unique place with much to be proud of and even more to look forward to.
“We are committed to working with local people to ensure their voices are heard and that they can help shape and influence the future of our fantastic town.”
How do I contact Weymouth Town Council?
For detailed information about the council’s services, news and events go to www.weymouthtowncouncil.gov.uk
The town council’s main contact telephone number is 01305 239839
The town council is located at:
The town council shares its reception space at Commercial Road with Dorset Council. This means that local residents can continue to access frontline services provided by Dorset Council in Weymouth such as housing advice, benefits and planning pre-application advice.
Please note however, the two councils operate slightly different opening hours:
- The town council is open for business from 9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday
- Dorset Council services are available from 8:30am -5pm Monday to Thursday, and from 8:30am – 4:30pm on Fridays
What next for Weymouth Town Council?
Preparations are currently underway for the town council to hold its first ever election. Wednesday 3 April is the last day you can throw your hat in the ring and stand for election as a town councillor.
Nomination packs are available on www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk
Completed nomination papers must be submitted to the Returning Officer by 4pm on Wednesday 3 April 2019.