The re-development of Shire Hall into a world-class new Historic Courthouse Museum is progressing well and our exciting programme of events and activities is already underway.
As part of our launch celebrations, this Summer we are working with the Gramophones Theatre Company to collect people’s memories and stories of Shire Hall. These will then be put together as a performance which will be held in Shire Hall in February 2018.
The Gramophones will be in Dorchester with their tea tent at different locations, including Dorchester Market and the County Show, collecting your memories and stories from Tuesday 29th August to Friday 8th September.
- We are looking for people who:
- have a memory or story about Shire Hall.
- worked at Shire Hall when it was a court or council office, in whatever capacity.
- have a family story or memory about Shire Hall.
- have a family history connected to Shire Hall – whatever side of the law!
- are descendants of The Tolpuddle Martyrs.
- have research or stories about Shire Hall or the people connected to it.
- have been involved in the recent development of Shire Hall.
If you have a memory or story and would like to take part in this unique and exciting project, we would love to hear from you!
For more information or to take part in this project, please contact Anne Brown, Shire Hall Learning Manager at email@example.com or phone 01305-252405.