Shire Hall Historic Courthouse Museum in Dorchester, had its grand opening on the 1st May 2018. We were thrilled to welcome our first visitors, who explored the museum discovering the history of the beautiful court building and the stories of the people whose lives were connected to it. As well as the museum, our lovely shop provides a wide range of quality gifts and products, and the Shire Hall Café’s delicious menu of hot and cold food has been a big hit.
We have a fantastic team of volunteers who have been welcoming visitors and supporting them as they make their way around the museum. Even though we have over 100 volunteers there is still room for more!
Shire Hall is open 7 days a week, so we are particularly looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are happy to workSaturdays and Sundays, to provide a friendly welcome to our visitors and shoppers at Shire Hall.
Volunteers can do a morning shift from 9.30am – 1.30pm or an afternoon from 1.15pm to 5.15pm, we would also welcome volunteers who would prefer to do all day.
The roles we are looking to fill are Weekend:
• Front of House: Reception Desk & Gift Shop Assistants.
• Visitor Experience Assistant
These roles will suit you if you…
• Enjoy meeting people
• Are friendly and enthusiastic
• Are a good communicator
• Want to help other people to have a great day out
• Enjoy history and historical buildings
• Want to develop your skills and experience
As a volunteer at Shire Hall you will…
• Receive on-going training for your role
• Be supported in your volunteering
• Be part of an organisation with a respectful working environment
• Be part of a supportive team of volunteers and staff with regular team meetings, social get-togethers and an annual trip out
• Be eligible for volunteering benefits including a 20% discount in the Shire Hall shop and café
• Have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, including work towards accreditation of your volunteering
· Have fun!
It is an exciting time to join Shire Hall, if you would like to part of this unique opportunity and volunteer, or would like further information, please contact:
Elliott Bailey, Volunteer Co-Ordinator at email@example.com or phone 01305-261849