Shire Hall, the old Crown Court on High West Street in Dorchester, will be opening for visitors in March 2018 as a new Historic Courthouse Museum, with a café and shop. The building work is progressing well and our exciting programme of events and activities is already underway.
In preparation for opening next year, we are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join us to provide a friendly welcome to our visitors and shoppers and to support staff with the work we do at Shire Hall.
There are a variety of roles including:
• Front of House: Reception Desk & Gift Shop Assistants.
• Front of House: Visitor Experience Assistants.
• Lifelong Learning Assistants.
• Back of House: Office support, including Business and Finance Assistants,
Marketing & Publicity Assistants, Fund Raising, DIY & Handy support and much more.
These roles will suit you if you…
• Enjoy meeting people
• Are friendly and enthusiastic
• Are a good communicator
• Want to help other people to have a great day out
• Enjoy history and historical buildings
• Have a specific skill or experience that could support Shire Hall’s work
• Want to develop your skills and experience
As a volunteer at Shire Hall you will…
• Receive on-going training for your role
• Be supported in your volunteering
• Be part of an organisation with a respectful working environment
• Be part of a supportive team of volunteers and staff with regular team meetings, social get-togethers and an annual trip out
• Be eligible for volunteering benefits including a discount in the Shire Hall shop and café
• Have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, including work towards accreditation of your volunteering
Volunteers have already started work at Shire Hall, with our team supporting us in lots of different areas, and enjoying regular meetings and tours of Shire Hall.
It is an exciting time to join Shire Hall as we near the opening of our new Historic Courthouse Museum. If you would like to part of this unique opportunity and volunteer at Shire Hall, or would like further information, please contact:
Anne Brown, Shire Hall Learning Manager at email@example.com or phone 01305-252405.